Releases that impact the end user
Kariari's name is now Eventcord! All the bot's functions are the same, just under a new name. In addition, all domain traffic has been changed to eventcord.xyz.
- Added support for voice text channels
- Fixed lyrics command not showing all pages
- All commands are now slash commands
- Added new /setup command
- Added Slash Command support
- Replaced reactions with buttons and dropdowns
- Karaoke events now work with stage channels
- Members can now earn XP for each minute they spend in a voice channel
- Can limit the group size of events
- Fixed issue with members being stuck as muted if an error occurs during muting
- Bot now changes its nickname to "Eventcord" when it joins a guild and it has permission to do so. This prevents confusion with the bot naming.
- Can now remove the group in event position 0 after a cycle
- Events will now timeout after a certain period of time (2 hours at release)
- Automatically cycle your event using ;autocycle!
- Vote to kick bad members from an event using ;votekick
- You can try allowing an event to self moderate and run using ;autocycle and ;votekick!
- Renamed "boosts" to stars to avoid confusion with Discord boosting
- Changed naming conventions
- Queues and sessions have become events
- A queue is a part of an event
- Multiple events are now allowed in each server
- You can only have one event per text channel and per voice channel if using a karaoke event
- New command
;eventswhich lists all events running on the server
- Ability to start events in other channels by mentioning the channel in the end of your start command (
;start [event message] [mentioned channel to start the event])The channel defaults to the channel the command was used in
- Ability to end events in other channels (
- Join in the queue with friends in the same event position as them
- Done by mentioning the friend in the event you want to join when using the join command (
- In the karaoke event, this allows for duets, trios, etc.
;coronaviruscommand with the CDC's updated symptom list and CDC's new cloth mask recommendation.
- New basic Coronavirus (COVID-19) command
- Fixed some bugs
New error reporting system. What changed:
- Kariari switch error logging software from GCP Error Reporting to Sentry
- New error code generation which actually provide context when debugging
The revamp! What changed:
- Bot moved to Eris from Discord.js
- Master role changed to Queue Admin
- Master roles (now called queue admin roles) are now case-sensitive
- Better stability and performance
- Config command completely redone
- Everything recoded
- Database issues fixed
- All strings revamped to make the bot easier to understand
Roles who used the non-case-sensitive functionality before will automatically be updated in the bot's database without any effort from the end user. This will occur when a command is used which needs the Queue Admin Role. A message will be sent when this happens.
- Attempted fix on issue where bot goes offline for seemingly no reason
- revamped commands
- On using any command, Kariari would mention you. This no longer is the case.
- Halloween event/features
- Bot framework
- New bot framework
- guildinfo command
- about command
- invite command
- help command generator